Tuesday 9 November 2010

Fred's Halloween Adventure Part 6

The Creatures Crawl out of the Darkness
Whilst Fred was distracted by the the munchkin pumpkin bouncing about with his new happy bunny face, he didn't notice the movement in the shadows of the room.
Suddenly it seemed, from out of nowhere creatures were moving towards them.
Fred was shocked and surprised, and as they came to the edges of the shadows, Fred started to feel rather frightened.
The creatures crawling towards them seemed malformed, one was just a hairy mass that blocked out all light and created huge shadows, one seemed to have a bolt through its head, crippled by the pain it caused and two shy creatures supporting each other seemed to have keys for limbs.
"Heerrppp" groaned the one with the bolt, inching itself closer and closer.

 Fred wasn't sure what to do.
The creatures were so scary and coming closer and closer.
"Were they friendly or were they of ill intent?" thought Fred to himself.


He looked at the pumpkin to try to decide what to do and realised the poor thing was shivering with fear and had turned round to his sad scared face.
"Fred, I don't want to stay here any longer, its so scary! Can we just run away?!"
"Okay" whispered Fred back, despite his indecision he had to do the best for his new friend, the pumpkin.
Fred gathered him up, grabbed his bag and made a run for it.

The little pumpkin wailed as they ran, but soon enough they were out in the fresh air atop a turret of the castle.
Tired and out of breath, Fred put the wee pumpkin down and sat down to catch his breath.
"Phew" said the pumpkin, "I thought they were going to get us"
"Hmm," said Fred, " I'm not sure, it sounded like that creature was asking for help, now I think about it."
"And they seemed fairly helpless, I mean what could they have really done to us?"
"Oh I dunno," said the pumpkin, "that big hairy one looked pretty scary to me."
"Hmm," said Fred thinking to himself, and feeling racked with guilt. What if they'd needed his help? thought Fred. What if they're just like me? A confused, mixed up sort of creature, neither one thing nor the other.
Fred couldn't stand it any longer.
"I have to go back," said Fred to the pumpkin, resigned now.
"But what if they hurt you Fred?" said the pumpkin, still wearing its scared face.
"I'll be ok." Fred replied "I need to know the truth, whether I could help them. And I still didn't find out about the pink rabbit and the chicks."
"Okay Fred, I'll wait for you here and keep an eye out. Good luck!" shouted the pumpkin nestling into a neat hidy hole, where he wouldn't be seen.
With that Fred went back again into the castle, unaware of what may befall him.

No comments:

Post a Comment